skip to content

International Students


Your student record (CamSIS)

Your student record is managed through a web-based system known as CamSIS (Cambridge Student Information System). You will need to use CamSIS via your own Self-Service account (referred to as a Student Centre on CamSIS) in order to manage your life whilst a student at Cambridge. It is your responsibility to ensure your record is accurate. 

You will use Self-Service to manage various aspects of your interaction with the University and staff, for example:

  • Notification of changes in contact details (these are especially important around the time of the examination)
  • Exam enrolment
  • Applying to the Board of Graduate Studies for allowances, special permissions
  • Requesting deferral of submission, appointment of Examiners, etc.
  • Applying for graduation
  • Viewing postgraduate supervision reports submitted through CGSRS
  • Reviewing transcripts
  • Voting in student elections

Requesting changes to your personal information

The Student Registry manages requests for other changes, such as: 

  • Applying for family to join you
  • Applying to live outside the University's precincts; that is, the 10 mile radius of Great St Mary's church if you are a full-time student
  • Applying to change your name

Requesting changes to your student status

The Student Registry manages requests to changes that affect your student status, for example:

  • Changing from full-time to part-time (or vice versa)
  • Changing your supervisor, Faculty/Department
  • Taking a break in your studies
  • Studying away from Cambridge