skip to content

International Students


Admissions queries

Information on the undergraduate courses available, entry requirements, course costs and funding opportunities, application procedures and deadlines, and student stories are at undergraduate study

Prospective postgraduate students will find detailed information on the courses available, entry requirements, course costs and funding opportunities, application procedures and deadlines at Postgraduate Admissions. If you are applying for other courses (see Types of Study), you should contact that provider if you require further information about the application and admissions procedure.

If you have any special requirements, it is helpful to declare these and then discuss with your College and Faculty/Department. If you are a disabled student, you may wish to access the Disability Resource Centre or if you required childcare support you may review the Childcare Office information.

International Student Office

The International Student Office provides specialist support to students who come to study at Cambridge from outside the UK. The team offers a visa advice service and provides practical guidance on coming to live and study in Cambridge from an international student perspective. This office can be contacted with queries in relation to the content of the 'International Students' website. Enquiries about applying to the University should be directed to the relevant admissions offices for undergraduate or postgraduate study. Please note that the International Student Office does not advise on fee status or funding and such queries should be directed to the relevant admissions office.


Most students have an academic supervisor and a pastoral tutor. These are very helpful sources of information and support. If they cannot provide the detail information or support you require, they will know where to refer you. For example, they may refer you to health care professionals, supporters of disabled students, Student Union representatives and the International Student Office.

Students undertaking short courses and who do not have College affiliation will have different arrangements. You should seek clarification on the support available to you from the institution providing your study.

The Cambridge students webpages provide detailed information on Cambridge life, your course, resources available to you, further information on fees and funding and specialist support providers. These pages link to the Student Registry web pages, which describe the procedures you need to follow to, for example, maintain your student records, apply to change your study, information relating to examinations.

External providers of information

The collegiate University is a member of the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA), the national advisory body for international students in the UK. UKCISA provides information and telephone support to students from when you are planning and preparing to come to study through to moving on from your studies. UKCISA provides clear, detailed and current information on visas, fees, cost of living, practical concerns (such as housing, healthcare, council tax).

The British Council provides practical guidance for international students on living and studying in the UK.

The Home Office is the source of information on all aspects of immigration.