skip to content

International Students


There are many sources of help and support across the collegiate University throughout your time at Cambridge. Below are some sources you may wish to access during each stage of your student experience.


Information on the undergraduate courses available, entry requirements, course costs and funding opportunities, application procedures and deadlines, and student stories are found on the undergraduate study web pages, provided by the Cambridge Admissions Office. Once you have a College offer, you will find the College provides you further information and support.

Prospective graduate students will find detailed information on the courses available, entry requirements, course costs and funding opportunities, application procedures and deadlines on the Graduate Admissions web pages. From here you can link to Graduate School, Faculty and Department information. Once you have a University offer, you will find your Faculty/Department provides you with further information and support, along with your College.

If you are applying for other courses (see Types of Study), you should contact that provider if you require further information about the application and admissions procedure.

If you have any special requirements, it is helpful to declare these and then discuss with your College and Faculty/department.  If you are a disabled student, you may wish to access the Disability Resource Centre or if you required childcare support you may review the Childcare Office information.

If you have questions or concerns about your visa status to immigration application, which cannot be answered from the information here, please contact the International Student Team.


Your College will provide you with detailed information about arriving in Cambridge. Your Faculty/Department will also provide information on preparing for your studies. You should direct any questions to them.

If you are undertaking a short course, or do not have College affiliation, then your Faculty/Department will provide information on preparing for your studies. You should direct any questions to them.


Most students have an academic supervisor and a pastoral tutor. These are very helpful sources of information and support. If they cannot provide the detail information or support you require, they will know who to refer you. For example, they may refer you to health care professionals, supporters of disabled students, Student Union representatives, International Student Team (for immigration support).

Students undertaking short courses and who do not have College affiliation will have different arrangements. You should seek clarification on the support available to you from the institution providing your study.

The Student Gateway provides detailed information on Cambridge life, your course, resources available to you, further information on fees and funding and specialist support providers. These pages link to the Student Registry web pages, which describe the procedures you need to follow to, for example, maintain your student records, apply to change your study, information relating to examinations.

Life at Cambridge

The pages hint at the other opportunities that exist for you to experience beyond studying. These provide links to the organisations mentioned.

Life after Cambridge

As you are preparing to move on from Cambridge you may need to access specialist information and support. For example,

External providers of information

The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) is the national advisory body for international students in the UK. UKCISA provides information and telephone support to students from when you are planning and preparing to come to study through to moving on from your studies. UKCISA provides clear, detailed and current information on visas, fees, cost of living, practical concerns (such as housing, healthcare, council tax).

The Home Office is the source of information on all aspects of immigration.