If you are being sponsored to study at Cambridge on a Tier 4 student visa, it is important you read the following document: Your Responsibilities under Tier 4 guide.
You will need to ensure you comply with the conditions attached to your visa and co-operate with the University in fulfilling its Tier 4 Sponsor licence duties. The guide explains the requirements of studying under Tier 4 at Cambridge and provides guidance on protecting your immigration status in the UK. The guide provides detailed information on the areas outlined below.
At Cambridge, the International Student Team is resonsible for administering the University's Tier 4 Sponsor Licence and ensuring compliance with student immigration legislation. The University's requirements:
- Hold a copy of your passport and immigration documents.
- Keep up-to-date UK contact details including both address and telephone number.
- Inform the Home Office if you do not arrive as expected.
- Monitor your attendance and engagement with your studies.
- Inform the Home Office if there is a change of circumstances with your studies, for example if you change course, intermit, discontinue or complete earlier than the course end date given in your CAS.
- Inform the Home Office if we believe you are breaching the conditions of your leave (e.g. working over the permitted allowance).
In addition, students must abide by the conditions attached to a Tier 4 visa, which include:
- Working restrictions.
- No access to state benefits: This means you cannot draw on some state benefits.
- Registering with the police if required.
- Notifying the Home Office of changes in your circumstances.
- Notifying the Home Office if you change your address.