Prior to arrival - Tier 4 students
- Check your immigration document and contact the International Student Team if you think it contains any errors.
- Keep your passport safe. Take copies of your passport and other paperwork before travelling and keep secure in a different place to your passport.
- Arrive at Cambridge by the date given as the ‘Course start date’ in the CAS, and certainly by the ‘latest arrival date’.
- Inform your College if you are delayed, providing the new date of your arrival and the reason for the delay.
The UK Border Force has produced a '10 Top Tips' information leaflet providing guidance on getting through the UK border controls as efficiently as possible. In addition to the information outlined in this leaflet, you are advised to carry your visa application decision letter in your hand-luggage. The decision letter will have been issued to you to confirm your visa application was successful.
On arrival in Cambridge
- Collect your BRP if you have been issued an entry permit in your passport.
- Report to your College Tutorial Office within 7 days of your expected arrival date and
- sign for your first registration;
- provide your passport and immigration documents (for scanning into your student record); and
- provide your contact details
- Register with the police if required.