skip to content

International Students


You will be able to work on a Tier 4/Student visa after you have completed your course until its expiry but there are certain restrictions as outlined on our working on a student visa webpage.

The new Graduate route, a post-study visa, is to be launched on 1 July 2021. This will enable international students to work or look for work after their studies for 2 years, or 3 years for PhD students.

PhD students who will be completing prior to 1 July 2021 can apply for the Doctorate Extension Scheme, which gives permission for a further 12 months to work, look for work, or set up a business.

Visa requirements are subject to change. Before applying for any UK visa, you should read the relevant guidance in order to understand the full details and requirements at the time of application.


Alternative Visas

There are a number of other visa routes in the UK and eligibility will depend on your personal circumstances.

For further details on all of the different visa options and the latest updates, please see the UKVI website.